Above go on the the charts, here are some observations about the Internet in Europe:
- There are 475 million Internet users in Europe (worldwide total is 1.97 billion).
- Europe has 24.2% of the world’s Internet users.
- Europe as a whole has almost twice as many Internet users as the United States.
- The country with the most Internet users in Europe is Germany, with 65 million.
- The country with the fewest number of Internet users in Europe is the Vatican City State, with a whopping 93 Internet users (and a total population of 829).
- Ten European countries have more than 10 million Internet users.
- The average Internet penetration across Europe is 58.4%.
- The country with the highest Internet penetration in Europe is Iceland, with 97.6%, followed by Norway (94.8%), and Sweden (92.5%). Those are the only three European countries with more than 90% Internet penetration. (For comparison, the United States has an Internet penetration of 77.3%.)
By Internet penetration, we mean the share of the population with Internet access.
Published on Power of Data Visualization. Note: If you read this via Email or Feed-reader click Permalink below to download bigger image.